Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Catching Up

(Photo: From mhspatriots.ning.com)


Hi everyone,

It has been a while since my last post.  Have been very busy with moving my daughter and getting her settled in to her college dorm in September, doing charity work, recovering from reactions to flu shot oh my :(  and coping with diagnosis of arthritis of the spine which for an artist or anyone for that matter is a terrible thing to hear,  But I take it with a grain of salt and tackle things head on.  I will be starting new physical therapy this week so excited to get some relief.  It has been a busy and difficult three months. 

I didn't let it stop me however from getting some commissioned tiles completed for a client in Alabama for holiday gift giving.  I finished all 18 tiles with different themes and they are all varnished and just waiting for them to cure and put protective backings on them.  The tiles came from my stash of recycled  ceramic tiles.  I have so much of this tile left and can't wait to work on another great commission.  

Now that I have this project just about complete for my client.  I'm looking forward to throwing some fresh clay to create a nice thick slab and cut some hand tiles.  I'm thinking of creating  a Koi theme with the hand made tiles for accent pieces that would work nicely on a fireplace or back splash.

Having to spend so much time in bed recuperating from back pain gave me a lot of time to re-direct my energies on things I really love to paint and work on so I spent my time refining some designs that would look better on chairs and floor cloths as well as my hand painted fabrics.   I have some chairs that I will be able to use the fabrics on which need to be reupholstered and I can create a very nice collection with pillows as well from these painted fabrics.

what is everyone planning for Thanksgiving?  My daughter will be home for the holidays till January.  and we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with her at home as well as her birthday.  She is a Thanksgiving baby and I have so much to be grateful for. 

I wish all of you a safe and very Happy Thanksgiving and remember to keep it Green.







No comments:

Post a Comment