Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PAINTING OF THE KOI FISH


(Photo Credit: MAGGIE MILLER HAND PAINTED)

How are you doing today? I hope the week for you has gotten off to a great start.  Now that I have finished the commission and soap order and delivered,  I wanted to do something totally different and paint some Koi fish,  I love the beautiful colors they have.  

I gathered all of my photo references and sketched out a simple scene of some Koi in a pond.  I have  completed the under painting and will be adding several layers of glazing  to build up the different layers colors. 

I like to build up my color this way to give it a 3D effect making everything look like its getting ready to jump off the canvas, you can also see the different layers of colors which gives the  painting a sense of movement.

I am working with several brands of acrylic paints with this piece to see how the paints respond together and I'm using a 12x24 cotton canvas.

Would you like the opportunity to win $100.00 Amazon.com gift card?  I you click on the top right hand corner where you see the Amazon graphic right above it is a link that will take you to a quick survey on Eco friendly lifestyle, at the end of the survey you can enter to have the opportunity to win.  Here is the link as well.   https://www.facebook.com/MaggieMillerllc/app_127709503932081

No comments:

Post a Comment