Saturday, August 3, 2013

THE LORD HAS HEARD MY CRY FOR MERCY

(Image Source: http://sunnywithachanceofarmageddon.wordpress.com)
"The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts  my prayer "Psalm 6:9 (NIV).   This verse is what I'm clinging to right now.  It was a rough week for me, feeling tired of the season I have been in for so long of illness not just my own physical body but for my family and friends.

This past Monday I took my daughter to a routine Dr. appointment to get her moles checked.  Dr. takes one look at her left leg and is just stunned at what he sees the cancer word is spoken, I'm hearing what he is saying and reacting as the lion taking care of her cubs. Let get this taken care of as soon as possible, with surgery set for August 27th. Speaking positive words of encouragement and all the while I'm sinking inside, crying inside and feeling scared inside.

As I have tried to keep a positive attitude about all that is going on in my life talking to GOD counting my blessings and all that, I finally broke down last night, a sense of overwhelming helplessness came over me.   I was feeling sorry for myself about this season of illness that has been going on in my life since 2000, than the questions about my business and who really cares about my art, and the fact that I'm Eco-friendly and how passionate I feel that we honor GOD by taking care of what he gifted us with.

what real value do I bring to the big picture? Do Christian women and families really care about being stewards of this planet by living an Eco-friendly lifestyle?  Do they care that I care and that I desire and want to share my experiences and the positive health benefits.  Do I just quit painting and trying to make the products I make more healthy for others and for them to be able to enjoy in their homes, what about the soap I make and how diligently I am about making sure all the ingredients I use are of the highest quality so that those who purchase them know for certain that they are safe to use and enjoy?

Yes this week and last night were really tough so I cried to GOD for his mercy, I was feeling really sorry for myself and overwhelmed with the thoughts of what is going to happen to my daughter.  I  was not feeling nor showing my faithfulness about Gods Promises and for this I had to bend on my knees and ask for forgiveness.   God has gotten me through so many difficult moments and trials in my life, why am I quitting now, I can't quit now was my internal dialogue all last night and part of this morning.

I went to my life verse  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil. 4:13 NKJV and repeated it 10 times and just allowed myself to mediate on this verse and coming to the conclusion that yes the next health crises one that my daughter is facing and us as a family unit we too will come out of.  GOD is not giving me more than I can bear and as for my business and what will come of it well I will continue to paint and make soap and see what GOD wants me to do with these gifts and talents, I'm waiting to hear from him on this as well.

My gratitude for my week is that GOD has heard my cry for mercy and he has accepted my prayer.

I know I'm not the only one who needs prayers answered what can I pray for you today?

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Maggie!! Sometimes we need to get to the point of 'crying out' for our own hearts to be prepared for His leading. Thank you for sharing this with us. <3 Bobbi - Apron Talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bobbi, It weighed so heavy on me that particular day. It's this moments you have to try to step back from the situation you find yourself in to find perspective and allow GOD guide you through it.

    ReplyDelete