Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eco-Friendly Paints

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my first post! Sorry about that, it got rather busy around here with commission pieces I have been working on, which I will post on next week, as well as prepping,priming, sketching and getting new product ready for the holiday season for my web site.

My daughter Katie is a senior this year and we have been busy with the BIG college decisions as well, we visited Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, GA (SCAD) and we are hooked.  So the process of application has already begun, soon I will be experiencing the empty nest syndrome.  I will have to keep myself very busy painting or either apply to college myself.  

This week I wanted to share with you some products I have used and still continue to use in my painting process.   Due to my ongoing health problems and having to keep my home and work environment as clean as possible and odor and toxic free, I researched several paint companies to find what I could use.  There are many low voc' paints out there that you can purchase at your local home improvement stores, but the companies I site here I use on a regular basis and I have used on the walls in my home and have been extremely happy with these products.

So here they are:  The Earth Pigment Company offers natural earth and ocher pigments.   They are all environmentally safe non-toxic and very easy to use.  You can paint your homes with them; create your own oils, watercolors, temperas, pastels, gesso's, and caseins if you like to go that route. 

I also like to use Real Milk paint from the Real Milk Paint Co. Another paint company I go to is Mythic the colors are just gorgeous. I use these for very large projects and painting furniture to give them a good base to work with before doing all the decorative artwork on them with the other paints I use as well.

I have listed the web sites to these on favorite and helpful site section.  Hope you visit the sites and take a look at what they have to offer, you will be quite happy with the products and the quality and how much you can do with them. 

I plan to post on the blog once a week to share all the new projects and pictures I’m working on and share any sites that I find relevant to my quest of being Eco-friendly that may be useful to you.  I also added a Quote of the week section for inspiration.  We all need inspiration to keep us going.

Until than my friends, Happy Painting and stay healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment