Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Painted Boxes


Victorian Button Box
  

Now that I have recuperated from all the turkey I have gotten busy painting again and posting my products onto my etsy shop  there are many wonderful artists in the etsy community and I'm happy to be among them.
  
I have finished painting three boxes, which are ready for sale, and I have three more ready for my butterfly themed motif taken from my summer photos.  I hope to get started on those over the weekend.  I have started painting one of many tapestries, a series of songbirds that I will share in my next post.  I also have been busy working on tile which is already posted on my etsy shop.  I'm going to continue to work on the tapestries this week and will be working on some designs for some tile murals, one of which I'm planning to put on my kitchen back splash.  Pictures to follow in the upcoming months on that big project.  During my busy schedule I always find the time to recycle, reuse and collect things to incorporate into my 2D and 3D art like my fabrics, ribbons, tree branches, buttons, buttons and more buttons. I have a huge collection of buttons that I have from my grandmother when she used to sew.  I use buttons in my pillows and boxes.  Never throw anything away; it can turn into great art one day!! 
   
Adorned with Real Swarovski Crystals

Painted lace & vintage buttons



 

No comments:

Post a Comment