Monday, July 9, 2012

Tuscan Theme Pillows

(Photo: Beginning Process of Painting Pillow Panel)



It has been an interesting few weeks battling the three digit weather and loosing AC is not a great combo. Yikes.  So working on furniture was put on  hold for a few days.  Now that all is well, I have continued to work on the poppy flower theme dresser and while it is drying for the next step of finishing details, I have been working on a client commission for some pillows.

The client loves all things Italy, Tuscan. She has ordered and commissioned two pillows, so I thought of a field of sunflowers for the first pillow and the second will be a field of lavender.  I'm using a durable organic cotton that is sized to a 14X22 giving me plenty of room for both themes.

I always wash my fabrics in cold water to remove any sizing if any, dust etc. that I don't want on my fabric.  I give it a quick iron after it is dry and proceed to sketch my pattern unto the pillow.  I always work out my pattern on paper and make any changes there before putting it on the fabric.
(Photo: after washing and drying I place the panel on a board to start the painting process)
I will be done with this panel this week and allow it to cure for a few days before washing,drying and giving it another heat seat. 
(Photo: beginnings of a sunflower Tuscan field)

On another note, I invite you to visit my profile on RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/ecoartist07 where you can view some of my art work that is available for sale as note cards, postcards and some matted prints.  And of course you are always invited to http://www.etsy.com/shop/MaggieHandPainted for all my available Eco items for sale.

 Have a great Monday everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment